BusinessU: Public Relations 101 - Sharing Your Company's Story in the age of COVID-19
Tuesday, October 6, 2020 (10:00 AM - 11:15 AM) (EDT)
Undoubtedly, the uncertainty of today's business environment has created unprecedented communications issues that many of us will never see again in our careers. Now, every company must be an expert in media and crisis management.
In reality, public relations today is about far more than a press release and a photo op. It’s about sharing a story with the right audience at the right time and via the right vehicle.
Join us for a back-to-basics training session designed to help you make headlines (or avoid them when needed). Attendees will come away with:
- An overview of the basic PR tools used to promote a brand (what’s a press release and how do I use it?)
- Tips for making meaningful connections with media contacts
- General guidelines for dealing with a company crisis
- A special feature on COVID-19 internal and external communications
- A Q&A session with our experts for their advice on addressing your specific communications challenge
Instruction by Paul Furiga, Founder & CEO, WordWrite & Erin Hogan, Public Relations Account Supervisor, WordWrite
This event is virtual and you will receive the session link the day before.