DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for accounts payable. Ensures timely payment of credit union invoices including encoding, receiving approval of invoices, and maintaining accurate files.
• Validates and processes weekly employee expense reimbursements.
• Processes journal entries as needed.
• Responsible for balancing the credit union daily.
• Daily balancing of VIP checks.
• Deposits CD interest checks received and records interest through QwickRate online.
• Process AR deposits and corresponding journal entries as necessary.
• Keeps written procedures for assigned tasks updated and current, and make recommendations to management for changes.
• Monitor and replenish Wall Street postage meter.
• Performs monthly entries as needed.
• Understanding member information is confidential and properly securing it at all times.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Provides outstanding service to vendors, as well as, credit union staff members.
• Should have a 2 year degree or related financial institution experience and have taken Principals of Accounting I and II.
• Should have general knowledge of various business machines including PC experience, internet, keyboarding and calculator skills.
• Should know how to interpret computer generated reports.
• Must be proficient in both Word and Excel.
• Strong math/computer skills/data entry helpful.
Visit us at www.firstnewyork.org to complete an application.
Terri Clasen, Human Resources Department
First New York FCU
2 Wall Street, Albany, NY 12205
First New York Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, transgender status, gender identity or expression, gender dysphoria, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, marital and familial status, domestic violence victim status, known relationship or association with any member of a protected class or other characteristics protected by applicable law.