Job Description: The Accounts Payable Team Member ensures the efficient, timely, and accurate payment of accounts and expense to vendors and/or employees of PVA. This positions functions as a liaison between the company and its’ vendors by monitoring and processing payments which affects the profitability and long-term viability of the company.
- Performs day to day processing of accounts payable transactions in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner, and sets invoice up for payment, daily.
- Reviews, sorts and matches invoices, packing slips and check requests.
- Works closely with supply chain team and Controller for payment approvals, weekly.
- Prepares and processes approved accounts payable payments via payment manager program, weekly.
- Maintains updated vendor files and file numbers, daily.
- Monitors cash flow to ensure company is in a sound fiscal position, weekly.
- Assists with month-end close standardized checklist.
- Ensures processes are followed for month end reporting, reconciles bank accounts and closes prior month by the 10th of the month.
- Files checks and invoices.
- Maintains inventory valuation data for correct part unit pricing.
- Posts general journal entries to general ledger as required.
- Manages company credit card and expense reporting program via online bank platform and ensures compliance with rules for submitting receipts, daily.
- Assists with year-end financial statement audit by providing auditors with information as requested.
- Serves as backup for accounts receivable team member job functions.
- Maintains confidentiality of company, customer and vendor information 100% of the time.
- Customer centric, committed to supporting the internal and external customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Exhibits initiative.
- Willing to learn.
- Excellent computer and excel skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferred.
- Minimum three (3) + years of bookkeeping, AP, AR, cost accounting experience, required.
Job Location: PVA Global Headquarters | Cohoes, NY