Administrative Assistant ~ Early Childhood Education
- Greets and directs customers at ECE sites, visitors, and incoming telephone calls; answers general questions and inquiries regarding agency’s programs and services, directing customers to appropriate resource personnel.
- Performs a variety of clerical and general office duties including copying, sending and distributing faxes, receiving and distributing incoming mail, processing outgoing mail, data entry, meeting preparation, and general maintenance of copy machine and supplies.
- Provide classroom coverage/support personnel as needed.
- Manages correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents as requested; assembles data and sets up the format for material to be processed, and maintains administrative inventory supplies levels
- Respond to, or coordinate responses to internal and external requests for information and required reports in areas of responsibility
- Assist with the development and implementation of department changes based on agency strategic direction and priorities; support efforts to improve administrative functions
- Assist with customer outreach, recruitment, hiring, and enrollment for agency programs; assist program team with planned activities
- Represent agency interests at meetings and activities with external stakeholders
Related Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Office Administration is required. A Bachelors’s degree is preferred. Also a minimum of four (4) years of customer service experience or two (2) years of general office experience. A high school diploma or equivalent, AND six (6) years’ general office and customer service experience may be accepted in lieu of an Associate’s degree. Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and problem-solving skills required. Solid PC skills including database entry, word processing, and spreadsheet skills are required. Bilingual or multilingual abilities a plus.