Job Description: The Analyst/Programmer analyzes and develops ERP and IT user information system needs. This position is critical to PVA; the Analyst/Programmer ensures all physical and virtual systems are optimized for business performance with little to zero downtime which impacts the revenue and long-term profitability of the company.
- Design, develop, document, analyze, create, test and modify Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computer systems, programs and integrations.
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a workflow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Document the functionality and requirements for IT and ERP systems/software.
- Provides reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases in ERP system by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
- Research, evaluate and recommend ways to consolidate, simplify, and standardize information systems, ongoing.
- Supports strategic plans by implementing information technologies to maintain organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Explores Internet of Things (IoT), Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and other emerging technologies, on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer and employee information 100% of the time.
- Apply troubleshooting and maintenance techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine ERP hardware, software or systems functional specifications
- Maintains ERP computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Partners with ERP team to develop content and delivery to introduce business technology solutions and features, monthly.
- Troubleshoots escalated ERP issues, daily.
- Serves as the liaison between the end users and the software vendor’s technical support teams to address any issues that cannot be resolved in-house.
- Integrates third party software to our ERP ecosystem, as needed.
- Analyzes and optimizes SQL DB, including regular backups, indexing, and automation.
- Integrates new components from ERP (enterprise search/data discovery/social/etc.).
- Maintains administration duties of keeping current (six-month lag time) with ERP system’s feature and major update releases.
- Supports multiple ERP instances and move databases from Production to Test Environment, as needed, for low risk troubleshooting and development work.
- Maintains settings and configurations of application server, report server, system agent, admin console (including module licensing) and databases.
- Implements and supports appropriate tools that allow for daily monitoring of systems, timely and appropriate response to alarms, system tuning to maintain/improve performance.
- Works with business units to enhance reporting and solve problems by developing custom reports utilizing SQL, BAQs and BI tools and analytics.
- Maintains security at the system level and at the user level, including new user setup and appropriate system access provision.
- After-hours work may be required for upgrades, maintenance, and emergencies in support of high availability ERP environment.
- Customer centric, committed to supporting the internal and external customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Exhibits initiative, willing to learn.
- Minimum three (3)+ years of programming, business analysis, and ERP system experience, required.
- Experience with Epicor 10.2 preferred, however any ERP experience is desirable.
Job Location: PVA Global Headquarters | Cohoes, NY