Job Description: The Assembly Technician is responsible for manufacturing the systems and products sold by PVA. This position ensures that product is assembled correctly and shipped on time.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical schematics to assemble components.
- Uses a volt meter and hand tools.
- Cable assembly and cable integration into motion platform.
- Ensures department meets weekly average shipment targets.
- Ensures that goals and expectations are met, and product is being developed on schedule.
- Ensures equipment is in optimum working order and brings issues to supervisors’ attention within one hour when aware of machine interruption.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information 100% of the time.
- Forms strong working relationships within team and treats each other with respect.
- Corresponds with departments, and team through face-to-face meetings.
- Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical concepts.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills; ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Exhibits initiative.
- Willing to learn.