Assistant Contact Center Manager
Make a smart move to an organization that values your talents,
nurtures your skills, and rewards your success.
CAP COM is a more than a workplace, it’s a people place. Employees have voted us a Best Place to Work every year since 2004.*
We are a credit union that provides the same financial solutions as a big bank – with a lot more heart. People bank here for our award-winning service, dedicated professionals (supported with generous benefits), and outreach to those in need in the Capital District.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Contact Center is a team of professionals dedicated to executing and delivering the Credit Union’s mission to benefit every member, every time, every day. Our associates and their leadership develop outstanding member service/sales relationships in a productive and fun work environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as the assistant/partner to the Contact Center Manager in the Contact Center.
- Create and foster a team atmosphere with a willingness to work in the trenches to do whatever it takes to get the job done right, the first time and on time.
- Be a leader in motivating and supporting the SOS Staff Champions, mentoring and coaching them to success in driving SOS initiatives, reporting results to the Contact Center Manager.
- Drive Contact Center Agents to deliver on all Corporate Goals and individual goals, while delivering exceptional customer service, consistently adhering to our Top 10 GUSTO Attributes and Core Values.
- Oversee daily operations of the Contact Center, third-party call center and Avaya and Genesys call center technologies.
- Recommend Contact Center current best practices and maintain a database or library of processes and procedures to ensure consistent and efficient service delivery.
- Work to identify process improvements that will lead to enhanced member experience and organizational efficiencies.
- Partner with Contact Center Manager to oversee third-party vendors to ensure their adherence to CAP COM processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Identify trends and manage daily reporting on enterprise phone system, agent status, productivity, and corporate goal achievement.
- Coach and mentor Contact Center staff on both service and sales, (working with Champs) assisting with their individual development and training needs. Ensure staff members are meeting minimum performance standards. Conduct member service and quality observations and offer relevant feedback aimed at higher levels of performance and service.
- Maintain a strong record of team compliance specific to all Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Provide security oversight; responsible for all negotiable instruments stored within the Contact Center, minimizing risk for staff, members, and the Credit Union.
- Create and review schedules, address and track any attendance issues, monitor paid time off and overtime. Propose appropriate courses of action by working collaboratively with the Contact Center Manager and HR.
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervision, and handling of employee relation issues and the compilation of appropriate information to write and assist writing performance appraisals for staff.
- Own and resolve complicated member issues and problems or delegate to the proper staff person.
- Recommend enhancements to Credit Union's products, programs, processes, and services based on member feedback received by Contact Center delivery channels.
LET’S TALK IF YOU
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in banking or other Contact Center related experience. Two- or four-year college degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a minimum of two (2) years Sales & Service Experience.
- Can demonstrate experience in a high-performance, high-visibility, environment, where members are the priority; including extensive experience in member problem resolution and conflict resolution.
- Are an effective, enthusiastic leader, coach, and motivator who is passionate and dynamic about your work.
Have the ability to motivate employees to meet individual and team sales goals.
- Are a forward thinker who adapts well to change and views your role from a strategic perspective.
TO THRIVE AT CAP COM YOU NEED
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong self-motivation and initiative to meet departmental and corporate goals.
- Strong organizational, project planning, and multi-tasking skills.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, written, and auditory communication skills.
Our reputation truly precedes us, and we recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource. We encourage an inclusive atmosphere of honesty, fairness and communication that creates a united force of successful professionals. At CAP COM you can bring your authentic self to work every day.
WHAT YOU GET
CAP COM invests in you and your future with development and training, mentoring and recognition programs. We are a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions. We also provide competitive PTO, holidays, bonus potential and tuition reimbursement.
At our headquarters there is an on-site gym and fitness classes, an on-site café, healthy meal deliveries and a 130-acre public park just out the back door (there is a reason we have been named a Healthiest Employer by the Albany Business review).
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Nathan Wilson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 ext. 4300
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*Albany Business Review (confidential employee survey)