Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager assists in the overall administrative and technical management of specified projects. They may have responsibility for specific aspects of construction (i.e., Submittals, RFI’s, subcontractor administration) and/or other requirements (i.e., purchasing, cost accounting) depending on size and scope of project, while maintaining customer satisfaction through quality, service, and value. Utilization of this position is dependent of size, scope, and complexity of the project. Incumbents are normally second in command on large, complex projects. Project responsibility is specific to the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
- Assist in the supervision and management of project activities as assigned. Duties include planning and coordinating processes and procedures, circumventing/resolving problem areas; and ensuring all company/project policies, procedures, and standards are maintained.
- Manage the project RFI and submittal process and provide weekly updates to the Project Team on outstanding items, including the collection of missing information from Subcontractors
- Create and maintain the projects Submittal Schedule for both Submittal Tracking and Material Delivery Dates. Including all outreach to Subcontractors for confirmation dates and updates.
- Maintain all changes to project documents by posting drawings, updating Project Sight, and creating as-built drawings. Including the distribution of document changes to all subcontractors
- Assist in updating and monitor of the construction schedules using Microsoft Project
- Monitor Contract and Insurance logs to ensure that all Subcontractors are not on site without a Contract and Insurance in place
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of any/all project Change Logs, Cost Reporting
- Attend all meetings, take detailed notes, prepare, and distribute all project meeting minutes in a timely manner
- Assist and contribute as a liaison with clients, subcontractors, and A/E to ensure construction activities support the project schedule and various client requirements
- Represent the company/project in meetings with clients, subcontractors, and unions as required
- Visit the Project Site Regularly to take photos and monitor progress. Provide on-site coverage as needed.
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of project deficiency logs and punch lists. Confirm punch list items are completed and provide regular updates.
- Collect all required closeout documentation and create closeout binders (Warranties, O&M’s, etc.) at the end of projects under the direction of the Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
Autonomy and Accountability
- Objectives and how the objectives are achieved will be defined either by the direct supervisor or by explicit procedures and rules. Situations not covered by rules or procedures are referred to supervisor. All assignments, including the performance of tasks and activities, are reviewed by supervisor in detail with the employee.
Type of Technology, Equipment, Tool
Measure of Performance
- Work completed is of good quality and free of errors
- Tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Communication is timely and clear
- Owners and architects’ expectations are met or exceeded through feedback obtained
- Proper attendance, attire, professionalism, and overall attitude
- Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager