Assistant Quality Manager/Senior Structural Quality Inspector
STS Steel is looking for an Assistant Quality Manager/Structural Steel Quality Inspector who can work with the Quality Manager to ensure all products are fabricated and shipped in compliance with approved contract documents. There is an opportunity for advancement to Quality Manager in the next few years as the current quality manager is nearing retirement.
STS Steel is a leading steel fabricator of bridges, buildings, and special structures with AISC Quality Management System certification for Buildings, Advanced Bridges, Hydraulic Structures with Fracture Critical and Sophisticated Paint Endorsements
- Perform dimensional inspections of fabricated parts.
- Perform inspection of welds, bolted connections, and painting.
- Assist in training new craftspeople.
- Learn functions required to become the Quality Manager as follows:
- Assist in the maintenance of the corporate Quality Assurance Manual.
- Develop work procedures to meet quality goals.
- Develop effective quality records.
- Work effectively with outside agencies and customer representatives.
- Assist operations and engineering with defining appropriate weld procedures.
- Create and maintain W.P.S. and P.Q.R. documentation.
- Maintain N.D.E. programs and create N.D.E. procedures for project requirements.
- Monitor the training and certification of N.D.E. employees.
Qualifications and requirements:
Required: 2-year technical degree. 4-year engineering or welding engineering degree preferred. Ten or more years’ experience in the structural steel fabrication and erection industry.
- A.W.S. – C.W.I.
- A.S.N.T. – N.D.E. Level II in Ultrasonic and Magnetic Particle Testing.
- NACE Level II or SSPC PCI Level 1
- Working knowledge of:
- - AWS D1.1, D1.4, D1.5 and D1.8, AASHTO and AREMA
- - SSPC Painting Specifications