Associate Director, Center for Biopharmaceutical Education and Training
The Associate Director, CBET will work closely with the Director on developing and delivering high impact educational and training programs and manage the professional science master’s degree program. The Associate Director will be responsible to enhance the visibility of center and its educational and training programs and will be expected to participate in the teaching of the undergraduate/graduate courses and hands-on industrial training short courses geared toward professionals in the biomanufacturing industry. The Associate Director will have a faculty appointment in the appropriate academic department based on qualification and expertise.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Direct the Professional Master’s (PSM) Program in bioprocessing and biotechnology in close collaboration with the associated department heads and faculty.
• Work closely with faculty in implementing newly developed courses for both PSM program and regular undergraduate/graduate courses in bioprocessing and biotechnology.
• Assist the director with new training program development. These are short intensive 4-5 day long hands-on programs.
• Work closely with the marketing group to showcase all the center programs to students and professionals.
• Work on enhancing the center’s collaborations with the biomanufacturing industry and participate in developing customized training programs for the industries employees.
• Work with the director and center faculty and staff to develop and maintain an active contract research service for interested groups from the biomanufacturing industry and academic institutions.
• Develop in close collaboration with the Center’s operation manager all the SOP’s related to the hands-on training programs offered by the center.
• Proven experience in upstream or downstream processing in a research and development or an academic environment
• Proven experience with the cGMP and validation issues in biomanufacturing
• Proven experience in QC/QA a plus
• Proven written and communication skills and ability to relay information in a concise and clear manner; proven ability to engage stakeholders
• Proven ability to establish leadership with problem solving and teamwork including ability to lead discussions on center personnel performance and staff development
• Proven experience with federal grant writing a plus
• PhD in a life sciences or biochemical engineering or related field
• Minimum 3-5 years of active experience in the biomanufacturing industry or a related area
• A record of scholarly activity and publications in the area of specialty
• Experience with federal grant writing
For more details or to apply, visit https://employment.acphs.edu/postings/1104.