Associate Vice President, Diversity Equity Inclusion
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs and the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of the College, the Associate Vice President Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (AVP-DEI) is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) plan which aligns with ACPHS’s strategic plan. The Associate Vice President will ensure programs promotes the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive College environment.
Pay Range: $92,000 – $95507 per year
- Minimum 7 years direct DEI strategy and delivery experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree in cultural studies, ethnic studies, social services, sociology, psychology, organizational development, behavioral sciences business, human resources, related field and preferred minimum 5 years experience working in DEI-specific work OR
- Advanced degree in related fields and minimum 3 years of direct DEI experience
- Excellent communication skills; including verbal, written, and listening skills;
- Must be adept at facilitating challenging cultural dialogue, building community, and creating and strengthening partnerships across campus;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and engaging relationships through ACPHS’s core values;
- Strong collaborator and team member;
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to facilitate to groups at all levels of the organization;
- Understanding of federal, state, and local diversity, equity and inclusion trends, laws and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Proven project management skills and ability to handle shifting priorities successfully;
- Strong diplomatic, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to measure effectiveness of programs and develop executive summaries;
- Demonstrated ability Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software;
- Knowledge of principles, methods and tools of diversity, equity, and inclusion work;
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competencies, including strong emotional intelligence and the ability to engage and build relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to research, identify and collaboratively implement best practices related to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
For more information or to apply, visit Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Applicant Portal | Associate Vice President, Diversity Equity Inclusion (acphs.edu)