New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network to connect healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation through a digital health revolution – do you want to be at the epicenter of it?
Employees must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeC’s policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date, unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief).
PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY: http://nyehealth.org/about-nyec/careers
NYeC is seeking an experienced in-house Attorney to provide hands-on in-house support across all facets of the organization with a focus on contracts and procurement support and management. This will include working with department leaders and colleagues to draft, review, negotiate and execute a wide range of agreements, including but not limited to professional service agreements, product, and software agreements, purchasing agreements, consulting agreements, business associate agreements, and non-disclosure agreements. The successful candidate must thrive in the pace of a growing, evolving organization; and must be a driven self-starter and an exceptional problem solver, eager and able to learn on the job
The Attorney will support the Chief Counsel & Operating Officer and members of the Senior Leadership team to recognize and manage risks, employ risk-mitigation strategies, negotiate strategic agreements, advise on regulatory and contractual compliance, and assist with other legal matters as assigned. This position reports directly to the Chief Counsel & Operating Officer.
This role will be based out of the Albany, NY office. This role has a hybrid work schedule. At this time, 1 day (Tuesday) is required in the office per week with the remaining days eligible to be worked remotely. More days may be required depending on business needs. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change.
· Responsible for all contract administration including, procurement, development, negotiation, presenting to the Counsel for final approval, and preparation of a wide variety and high volume of contracts;
· Proactively and independently identify issues and conduct research for Counsel consideration;
· Owner and responsible for continuous enhancement and improvement of NYeC’s in-house contract management system and the accompanying workflows, reports, permissions, and document retention;
· Provide accurate, thorough and timely legal advice and guidance as part of the in-house legal department;
· Ensure that the policies, procedures, programs, and contracts of NYeC comply with laws, regulations, grant guidelines and procurement rules;
· Manage and monitor legal aspects of NYeC’s HIPAA compliance obligations, including Business Associate activities, to include Agreements, services, and contact information;
· Other legal duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required:
· Bachelors degree and J.D. (required);
· Admission to the Bar of the State of New York;
· At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience as an attorney in drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts and in performing complex legal research, analysis and writing;
· Experience in tracking, researching and analyzing state and federal statues, regulations, guidance and other authoritative resources;
· Familiarity with New York State and federal contracting and procurement guidelines;
· Familiarity with New York State not for profit corporation law and federal HIPAA requirements;
· Prior experience with legal agreements, subscriptions and licenses involving software and cloud-based technology solutions strongly preferred;
· Ability to understand provisions of applicable laws and regulations;
· Outstanding project management, planning, and organizational skills;
· Ability to manage multiple deadlines at one time;
· Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, which may cause compensation to vary depending on your skills, experience, qualifications, and home office location (Manhattan, NY vs. Albany, NY). The annual base salary range for this Albany-based role is $125,000 to $150,000. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, NYeC will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with NYeC. All compensation questions and comments should be directed to the HR Department representative during your application, interview, and hiring process.
NYeC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with everything listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at http://nyehealth.org/about-nyec/careers. We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.