Assisting with existing Marvin and Company, P.C. (MARVIN) client accounts assigned to you by guiding the performance of audit engagement plans from the planning phase through completion; instructing and supervising staff assigned to an engagement and reviewing their work; and by performing audit procedures.
- Engagement Management and Service Delivery
- Planning engagements (under the supervision of the manager or director)
- Resource scheduling and schedule management including establishing budgets for time spent in each phase, and then directing MARVIN resources to meet the budgets and client expectations set
- Assigning tasks to staff and supervising those staff assigned to his/her projects to insure that schedules, budgets, and quality requirements are met. Monitoring status and completion of assignments, and shifting the workload as needed to ensure completion within the timeline. An appropriate amount of time should be spent training staff on their assigned tasks, along with follow-up and on-going review of their work.
- Coordinating the fieldwork and delivery schedule with the client.
- Communicating the engagement status with the client, their advisors, and the manager/director on a timely and ongoing basis
- Preparing management letters and other required client communication
- Reviewing and updating our understanding of internal control
- Monitoring all aspects of field work, ensuring that all applicable procedures are followed and complete
- Wrap-up of all requirements on an engagement prior to submission to the Manager/Director for review.
Skills and Education Required:
- CPA certificate preferred or desire to pursue CPA certificate and an interest in working for a mid-size CPA firm
- At least 3 years of recent auditing experience in a CPA firm
- Not-for-profit and A-133 experience preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding, comprehension, and ability to articulate auditing and accounting concepts
- Strong leadership, project management, and team building skills
Marvin is known for providing a great work/life balance, providing work schedule flexibility to accommodate personal needs. Marvin and Company, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Competitive compensation, benefits package, and paid time off are all included.
Please note: this position is eligible for a sign-on bonus commensurate to experience.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.