MOVE YOUR CAREER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
The Arrow Financial Corporation Family of Companies is hiring a Senior Auditor. We seek an authentic person who brings distinctive expertise with rich and varied experiences.
Internal Audit Professional
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you have experience in:
- Internal Audit
- Financial Services
- Public Accounting
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this position within our Internal Audit department, you would be responsible for independently completing internal audits and SOX controls testing. Perform an important role in ensuring that Internal Audit fulfills its obligations to the Audit Committee and Senior Management. Take ownership of internal audit engagements from planning through reporting. Be an effective advocate for a strong internal control environment and provide value-added guidance.
- Complete audit planning phase of audits independently and ensure audit fieldwork is completed in accordance with Internal Audit Department methodology.
- Write-up preliminary audit findings and audit report drafts from a business perspective utilizing audit results; ensure management actions are properly implemented in a timely manner
- Develop risk-based issues to identify control weaknesses and ensure management understands and effectively addresses issues identified
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Finance Department and Business Line managers.
- Provide effective supervision and of any staff auditors working on the audit engagement
- Developing expertise in Company business lines, processes, and systems
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of experience in bank internal auditing or equivalent experience in public accounting with financial services clients
- CPA or CIA designation looked upon favorably, but not required.
- Strong communication skills; must communicate clearly with teammates and audit clients
- Demonstrated initiative and resilience in completing audits, delivering results and meeting deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn new business areas, identify risks and assess controls thoroughly
- Proven ability to write succinct, accurate and useful audit reports from senior management perspective
- Strong knowledge of relevant banking regulations and financial accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We offer a pleasant work environment, career development opportunities, competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package. Our Team welcomes candidates who will bring diverse intellectual, gender and ethnic perspectives. This position works out of our headquarters in Glens Falls, New York.
Arrow Financial Corporation is a multi-bank holding company based in Glens Falls, New York, with more than $4 billion in assets. Through its subsidiaries, Arrow provides a broad range of banking and insurance services across northeastern New York. Our subsidiaries include, Glens Falls National Bank and Trust Company, Saratoga National Bank and Trust Company and Upstate Agency, LLC. Arrow is committed to delivering value for its shareholders, its customers and its communities. Its conservative business model and strategy of steady growth have resulted in many recognitions from the nation’s leading publications and bank-rating firms.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard for race, color, religion, national origin or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.