Automation and Control Systems Engineer
As an Automation and Control Systems Engineer, you will work as part of a team to create and implement control systems for a variety of machine tools, measurement machines, and automation systems with an emphasis on software development. In addition to working as part of a team, you will be given the responsibility to complete many projects independently.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to establish control systems architectures and control strategies for machines, processes, and automation systems
- Plan, develop, and document software for machine control, HMI, SCADA, and other control systems
- Hands-on commissioning of equipment at Simmons: test, debug, and support factory acceptance testing
- Generate content (text, screen shots) for Operations section of Operation and Maintenance manuals
- Facilitate discussions with customers and suppliers related to control systems, interfaces, and integration
- Travel up to 30% (domestic and international) to support commissioning, integration, and site acceptance at customers’ facilities
- Support our Customer Service Center by helping diagnose and correct controls-related issues on installed equipment
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Systems Engineering and two or more years of experience with increasing responsibility
- A solid understanding of computer hardware and system architecture
- Experience developing control system programs for Siemens (Step 7, TIA Portal, WinCC Professional SCADA), Fanuc, or Allen Bradley PLCs, CNCs, HMIs, and Servo Drives desired
- Experience programming any of the commercial robots such as ABB, Fanuc, Kuka, etc. desired
- Proficient in National Instruments LabView desired
- A fundamental understanding of computer communications (TCP/IP, RS-232, etc.) and industrial network protocols (Profinet, Profibus, EtherNet/IP, OPC, etc.) desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to read and design electrical schematics
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand mechanical drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Experience with AutoCAD desired
- Professionalism combined with enthusiasm and sense of urgency
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Resume and cover letters can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (518) 462-0371, or by regular mail to HR Dept., 1700 North Broadway, Albany, NY 12204. Telephone calls will not be accepted.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran