Automation and Control Systems Engineer
As an Automation and Control Systems Engineer, you will work as part of a team to create and implement control systems for any and all of the products listed above with an emphasis on software development. In addition to working as part of a team, you will be given the responsibility to complete many projects independently.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to establish control systems architectures and control strategies for machines, processes, and automation systems
- Plan, develop, and document software for machine control, HMI, SCADA, and other control systems
- Hands-on commissioning of equipment at NSH USA: test, debug, and support factory acceptance testing
- Generate content (text, screen shots) for Operations section of Operation and Maintenance manuals
- Facilitate discussions with customers and suppliers related to control systems, interfaces, and integration
- Travel up to 30% (domestic and international) to support commissioning, integration, and site acceptance at customers’ facilities
- Support our Customer Service Center by helping diagnose and correct controls-related issues on installed equipment
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Systems Engineering and two or more years of experience with increasing responsibility
- A solid understanding of computer hardware and system architecture
- Experience developing control system programs for Siemens (Step 7, TIA Portal, WinCC Professional SCADA), Fanuc, or Allen Bradley PLCs, CNCs, HMIs, and Servo Drives desired
- Experience programming any of the commercial robots such as ABB, Fanuc, Kuka, etc. desired
- Proficient in National Instruments LabView desired
- A fundamental understanding of computer communications (TCP/IP, RS-232, etc.) and industrial network protocols (Profinet, Profibus, EtherNet/IP, OPC, etc.) desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to read and design electrical schematics
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand mechanical drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Experience with AutoCAD desired
- Professionalism combined with enthusiasm and sense of urgency
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Please go to https://nsh-usa.com/employment/ to apply. Resumes and cover letters can also be submitted by fax to 518-462-0371, or by regular mail to HR Dept., 1700 North Broadway, Albany, NY 12204. Telephone calls will not be accepted.
This is a Union shop.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Upon hire, employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations will be provided where appropriate as required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled