The BCBA is an integral component to the expansion and development of the Anderson Center Clinic at Anderson Center for Autism in Latham, NY. This position is responsible for providing direct person-centered applied behavior analysis services, and development of quality, evidenced-based individual programming. The BCBA is also responsible for providing supervision and mentorship for Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) and Behavior Technicians at the Anderson Center Clinic. The BCBA will collaborate across all departments to promote resolution of behavior-related and treatment implementation issues as well as create, implement, and evaluates programmatic development to support the individuals we serve.
QUALITY OF LIFE EXPECTATION FOR ALL STAFF:
To actively further the agency’s mission to optimize quality of life (QofL) for individuals served by monitoring and implementing systems that promote the QofL of the individuals in our care.
- Maintain knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and other related Developmental Disabilities.
- Responsible for Supervision, Mentorship and oversight of quality of services and documentation of RBTs and BTs under their supervision.
- Utilize evidence-based practice in the development of intervention plans; provide assistance, training and feedback before and/or during implementation, share assessment results, data and recommendations.
- Utilize evidence-based practice when training department-prepared and sanctioned professional development and training topics.
- Provides the required supervision and oversight of RBT’s and BT’s consistent with current agency and Behavior Analysts Certification Board (BACB) standards.
- Provides biweekly supervision for RBTs and BTs candidates as required by Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) requirements
- Adheres to departmental/institutional policies, procedures, and practices.
- The BCBA is expected to provide 25 hours of billable services, which may include direct service provision, assessment, supervision or any combination based on the needs of the clinic.
- Services will be provided onsite and in person with documentation completed in a contemporaneous manner.
- Conduct behavioral and skills assessments and design treatment programs for clients
- Collect data and graph data as instructed using technological programs, such as Microsoft Excel and behavioral software (e.g., CentralReach)
- Ensure that billing documentation from clinical staff meets the expectations of billing standards.
- Participate in agency professional development and training initiatives.