The Arrow Financial Corporation Family of Companies is seeking dynamic, authentic individuals to join our amazing team!
Currently, we are looking for a seasoned individual who brings distinctive expertise as well as rich and varied experiences to our role of:
This position may be right for you if you have benefits administration, accounting or bookkeeping experience and are seeking an opportunity to:
Collaborate on a high-achieving, customer-focused team
Work directly with our remarkable employees and retirees
Demonstrate your skills and achieve results
Contribute to a high performing team for career growth
About the Position
This position is responsible for the administration of employee benefits plans including employee leaves, retirement plan valuations, benefit plan distributions, overall maintenance of data, and developing system efficiencies. The position communicates and coordinates with employees, managers, retirees and outside service providers related to the eligibility, enrollment and benefits associated with the Companies Plans.
- Administer employee benefit plans including leave of absences and retirement plans.
- Advises and informs employees of changes and developments related to benefit plans including eligibility, coverage and requirements.
- Complete required benefit plan reporting to government agencies and participants.
- Facilitates accurate and timely delivery of data sharing with plan administrators, auditors and other appropriate service providers.
- Maintain reports of benefit payments and tracking expenses.
- Communicate, train and guide employees and managers regarding the HRIS system, pay, attendance, benefit, insurance or other Human Resources related issues.
- Collaborate with the HR Team and others on special projects; responsible for specialty area as determined by HR management.
- Assist with development and implementation of Human Resources projects and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 6 plus years of experience with Benefits Administration is required.
- Experience with accounting and bookkeeping processing required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs: Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to create and use spreadsheets and other reports for various processing activities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable communicating with customers, co-workers, and management
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and some brief periods of walking/standing
- Repetitive use of telephone, computer, computer mouse, and keyboard
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. at times
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We offer a pleasant work environment, career development opportunities, competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package. This position will sit in our 11 South Street, Glens Falls, NY location.
Glens Falls National Bank and Trust Company has been serving the region and helping our neighbors achieve their financial goals since 1851. We are proud to serve as a cornerstone in the community through charitable giving and unmatched volunteerism. We serve Warren, Washington, northern Saratoga, Essex, and Clinton counties through 26 offices.
Our HR Team serves the more than 500 employees of Arrow Financial Corporation’s subsidiaries – Glens Falls National Bank and Trust Company, Saratoga National Bank and Trust Company, and Upstate Agency Insurance, LLC.
As a multi-bank holding company, Arrow Financial Corporation has nearly $4 billion in assets. Through our subsidiaries we provide a broad range of banking and insurance services across northeastern New York, including online and mobile banking, wealth management, money market and deposit accounts, and mortgage, consumer and commercial loans.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard for: race, color, religion, national origin or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.