- Degree in accounting or related field.
- Experience with QuickBooks for Nonprofits and Excel is essential; grant allocation experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated time management, attention to detail and organizational skills plus the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have a positive attitude, high energy level, and a genuine interest in the work of our organization.
- Work with QuickBooks Premier (Nonprofit Edition) to manage all of the organization’s finances including (but not limited to) processing accounts payable and receivable, record deposits, payroll, payroll taxes and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain all official accounting records in conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Prepare vouchers for State grant reimbursements.
- Ensure that receivables are collected and vendors are paid timely.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account.
- Review all data entries made by the Finance Assistant including bank deposits and AP & AR entries.
- Make monthly journal entries to allocate expenses across programs
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit.
- Assist CEO and Operations Director with other related financial work as needed.
- Must participate in Capital Roots events, staff meetings and perform other duties as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• This position is a non-exempt, full-time position (40 hours per week) with starting salary of $37,440 per year.
• Comprehensive health care coverage upon hire with fully covered premiums for medical insurance and 75% coverage for dental insurance – a benefit of ~$8,000 per year. We offer plans with low-cost co-pays and deductibles.
• Generous time off every year that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days.
• Employer funded pension plan - company contributions begin after 2 years of employment.
• Eligibility for the federal government's Public Student Loan Forgiveness program.
• Flexible work environment
To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org. We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and lived experiences
About Capital Roots - Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Jessica Trowbridge, Operations Director
Capital Roots | 594 River Street, Troy NY 12180
Or by email: email@example.com
NO CALLS PLEASE!