Business Development Lead Responsibilities
In the role Business Development Lead at Tech Valley Hospitality Shuttle LLC your primary responsibility is to acquire and manage new client relationships. The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B sales, as well as skills related to strategic analysis and marketing. In this role, you will be responsible for developing relationships with our clients, negotiating agreements, and closing deals.
Secondary responsibilities include creating content for and maintaining Tech Valley Shuttles website and social media accounts. As BD Lead you will have input into the marketing and branding for Tech Valley Shuttle. An aptitude for digital marketing is preferred. This position reports directly to COO.
• Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client's business and equipment needs
• Develop relationships with prospective clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
• Create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
• Collaborate with management team to ensure contracted services are executed on-time and as agreed
• Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes, and operations, and remain up to date on industry news.
• Meet profit and sales targets
• Daily reporting and Lead updating in CRM Software
• Creating content for Tech Valley Shuttle’s digital platforms (Website, Social Media, etc.)
Education, Training & Certification
• Education: High school diploma or GED but an associate or bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Experience: Two to Five years' related experience, in customer service and sales.
• Training: Exceptional communication and management experience matched with certifications.
BD Lead Skills & Competencies
• Sales skills:
Relationship-building - The ability to positively engage other people, build long-term relationships.
Time Management – The ability to optimize time improves productivity and cost efficiency, creating the environment needed for high performance. Prospecting – Being able to find accurate information about clients, market trends, rival solutions and other business intelligence enables a salesperson to make better decisions, engage the right customers better, and close high value deals while shortening the sales cycle.
• Computer skills: You should be proficient with computer technology, able to learn company-specific programs.
• Language skills: You should be fluent in English, and knowing a second language as well can be very advantageous and make you a stronger candidate.
• Interpersonal skills: You'll be working with clients, and vendors, not all of whom will necessarily have the same goals in mind.
The role of a Business Development Lead is often a "stepping stone" job. A good Business Development Lead learns the ins and outs of the business and will then often have an opportunity to move up within the company. As the company grows so will this department.
This is a public facing position in this position. You represent Tech Valley Hospitality Shuttle LLC and are the first person some clients will encounter. The ability to communicate well and to be able to convey Tech Valley Shuttle’s culture and core values is key.
For more information or to apply contact: Office@techvalleyshuttle.com or 518-203-8748