Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – Fiberglass
Regular Full-Time Professional
Off-Site, Latham, NY, US
Primary Role: The primary responsibility of the Fiberglass Business Development Manager (BDM) role is in the recruitment and closing of new Latham Fiberglass Pool Dealers in the assigned territory. The role is accountable for ensuring year-over-year growth of 2x for a minimum of three years after becoming a Latham Fiberglass dealer. The BDM continuously works to improve Latham’s market (share) position and achieve financial growth through the implementation of organizational strategic goals, negotiating and closing business deals, building key customer relationships, and identifying business opportunities, all with the goal of maximizing revenue and margin from the sales of fiberglass pools.
D The Business Development Manager-Fiberglass works under the direction of the National Sales Director-Fiberglass (NSD) to meet or exceed the sales and profit targets of the region.
The specific responsibilities of the position are as follows:
1. Implement the Strategy of the Fiberglass Division
a. New business development – responsible for incremental new business from both target accounts and existing customers
b. Implements Latham sales strategies based on geography, brands and programs
c. Manages a defined geographic area working closely with Sales teammates, Marketing, Operations, and Finance while assuring compliance and adherence to company guidelines
d. Growth – develops strategies and plans to ensure 2x YOY growth in fiberglass pool sales at the dealer and region level; reviews plans regularly with the NSD-Fiberglass
e. Prospects for new Latham fiberglass dealers inside and outside of tradition channels
f. Logistics initiatives – implement freight structures, partner with customers to set up stocking yards and seek opportunities for efficiencies that drive margin improvement
g. New Products and Program introductions – “Champion” all new fiberglass brand, product and service additions/deletions/enhancements for implementation and adoption
2. Knowledge and Promotion of all Marketing Initiatives
a. Promotions and Campaigns – is knowledgeable and able to effectively communicate features and benefits
b. Pricing programs – establishes initial pricing programs
c. Marketing/Branding programs – Promotes the adoption of Loyalty, Growth and Branding programs
d. Bundling strategies – promotes additional relationships with Latham products (i.e. VARS/Automatic pool covers and Latham safety covers)
e. Maintains a deep and thorough knowledge of the marketplace, competition and trends within the specified geographic area; develop and recommend strategies for market share gains
f. Identify opportunities for promotions, campaigns, products, and new distribution channels that will drive increased revenue and margin; provide regular feedback to the Marketing product manager-Fiberglass
g. Assist in specific market research and data gathering initiatives as needed
h. Credit and Inventory programs (i.e. Pay as Sold)
3. Growth and Development new and existing dealers
a. Product Information – understands all product features and benefits and ability to transfer knowledge to key stakeholders
b. Sales Training – can effectively communicate “How to Sell Fiberglass pools”
c. Convert gunite and vinyl builders to actively adopt fiberglass as part of their businesses
d. Continuous honing of the Latham Fiberglass value-proposition
4. Training, Education and Development
a. Assists in the development of training and educational programs and materials
5. In conjunction with the NSD, assists in the hiring, training and development of Dealer Success Managers (DSM)
6. Assist in the management and collection of Accounts Receivables as needed
7. In conjunction with the National Sales Director, review sales performance regularly to determine successes, gaps, opportunities and risks
8. Support and drive continuous improvement initiatives within the Latham Fiberglass business
9. Participate in company and industry events, including trade shows
10. Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing and a minimum of 5+ years of successful sales and/or marketing experience preferred; Associate’s degree or equivalent may be substituted with commensurate experience.
· A proven track record of effective New Business Development, Prospecting Skills, Closing Skills, Networking, Public Speaking, Research, Territory Management, Training and Motivation Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, Reading and Writing Financial Reports.
· Strong technical acumen/experience required.
· Exceptional communication and presentation/training skills.
· Travel Requirements: Approximately 70% of the time with overnights; previous overnight travel experience (50% minimum) a plus.
· Competent in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Mobile applications and online conferencing software.
For more information or to apply, visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=a11f7aca-70e1-4d3d-b42a-83540362d6fa&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings