Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer will be assigned to develop new business for the credit union. Cultivate new, and maintain existing, relationships for all facets of corporate sponsorship, individual members, auto dealers, realtors, SEG Advisors, etc. Responsible for assisting the marketing department in all campaigns and promotions. Assist with new accounts and cross-selling products/services. Serve as a liaison between the member and the Credit Union with the warmness of personal one-on-one member service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop contact list of potential new SEGs and members in the credit union’s field of membership.
- Contact and visit prospective members and SEGs to present information on all available services.
- Promote all products and services with cross-selling to meet members’ or SEGs’ needs.
- Contact prospective members, SEGs, auto dealers, RV/boat and motorcycle dealers, brokers, etc. to present information on products and services of the credit union. Seek out new business opportunities
- Develop strategies with he AVP of Marketing & BD to ensure we are visiting SEGs and are represented at SEG events, such as benefit fairs, community events, etc.
- Participate in frequent networking & professional events to enhance the credit union’s awareness in the community, as well as, support business development, community service, financial literacy and financial wellness, public relations plans and objectives.
- Identifies and develops alliances with community groups and service providers (e.g. real estate brokers, non-profits, etc.) by participating in community activities on behalf of the credit union to increase CU awareness.
- Develop relationship and solicit possible referrals. Work with Branch Managers to establish community presence (i.e. Board of Trade Councils and local committees.)
- Attend various meetings in the community and/or at trade associations to develop new business prospects and promote the credit union.
- Collaborate with branch staff to ensure all member leads are handled in timely manner.
- Proactively research competitor’s current product and service offerings and measure them against our offerings to gauge member satisfaction and opportunities for enhancing our existing products and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here to learn more and apply.