Job Description: The CAD Designer/Drafter is responsible for creating CAD drawings to create the systems and products sold by Precision Valve Automation - PVA. This position creates the drawings used for building and detailing the machinery correctly, and within customer requirements, budget, and timeframe which ultimately impacts the revenue and long-term profitability of the company.
- Creates electronic files, assembly documents, pneumatic schematics, fluid diagrams, frame assemblies, and detailed part drawings for print, machining, or other manufacturing operations within specified book date.
- Partners with purchasing, inventory, and machine/fabrication shops to order parts for on time delivery and part parameter accuracy.
- Generates engineering best drawing practices to ensure consistency.
- Organizes CAD design models on the basic machinery.
- Reviews naming convention to ensure consistency.
- Cross checks team designs and drawings for each machine build.
- Helps to create templates to impact documentation efficiency and accuracy.
- Designs parts, as needed.
- Helps develop drawings, diagrams, and schematics for patent application, as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information 100% of the time.
- Customer centric, committed to supporting the internal customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment.
- Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Exhibits initiative, willing to learn.
- Strong computer and Excel skills.
- Minimum three (3)+ years of CAD, required. SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or Pro-E preferred.
- Associates degree or CAD certification, required. Work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of industrial robots, machinery, electrical and fluid mechanics, electronics, and modeling/drawing software, preferred.