CAP COM Senior Accountant
Make a smart move to an organization that values your talents,nurtures your skills, and rewards your success.
CAP COM is a more than a workplace, it’s a people place. Employees have voted us a Best Place to Work every year since 2004.
We are a credit union that provides the same financial solutions as a big bank – with a lot more heart. People bank here for our award-winning service, dedicated professionals (supported with generous benefits), and outreach to those in need in the Capital District.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Accounting team performs daily, weekly and monthly functions including journal entries, reconciliation, accounts payable, account monitoring and financial reporting for both internal and external use by CAP COM and its subsidiaries.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare month-end processing for the Credit Union, subsidiaries and other related entities.
- Review and approval of batch journal entries and Accounts Payable to ensure they are in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Independently analyze, adjust, and reconcile non-recurring accrual accounts.
- Prepare and submit internal and external reporting; including FR2900, 945 withholding and sales tax for the Credit Union, subsidiaries and other related entities.
- Consolidate Credit Union and subsidiaries, including preparation of entries and analyzing differences.
- Compile and present financial reports for the management team, including monthly board reports, trending analysis and dashboard for the Credit Union, subsidiaries and other related entities.
- Prepare and analyze monthly Allowance for Loan Losses.
- Oversee, maintain and analyze the investor reporting function of the Credit Union and its mortgage subsidiary, to ensure appropriate records for our investors and CCFCU Funding, LLC are maintained.
- Prepare all regulatory reports for mortgage investors in accordance with the regulations and/or contracts established, including the Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae quarterly financial report, Mortgage Banking Call Report, annual financial reports to HUD, account reconciliations principal and tax custodial accounts, monthly and daily settlement of investor accounts, etc.
- Assist in preparing quarterly regulatory reporting; including NCUA Call Report, MBFRF and NMLS for the Credit Union, subsidiary and other related entities.
- Prepare work papers and reports for all of the Company’s audits and NCUA exams.
- Collaborate in the accounting treatment for all investment securities including those classified as held to maturity, available for sale and trading.
- Partner with management team to update and maintain the accounting department policies and procedures to mitigate risks associated with financial reporting.
LET’S TALK IF YOU
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of four (4) years of directly-related experience, including financial services industry experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Can demonstrate experience in financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Have an up-to-date working knowledge of GAAP.
TO THRIVE AT CAP COM YOU NEED
- Effective verbal, written and auditory communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Our reputation truly precedes us, and we recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource. We encourage an inclusive atmosphere of honesty, fairness and communication that creates a united force of successful professionals. At CAP COM you can bring your authentic self to work every day.
WHAT YOU GET
CAP COM invests in you and your future with development and training, mentoring and recognition programs. We are a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions. We also provide competitive PTO, holidays, bonus potential and tuition reimbursement.
At our headquarters there is an on-site gym and fitness classes, an on-site café, healthy meal deliveries and a 130-acre public park just out the back door (there is a reason we have been named a Healthiest Employer by the Albany Business review).
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Nathan Wilson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 ext. 4300
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*Albany Business Review (confidential employee survey)