SEAT Center located on State Street near the Stockade district is proudly expanding its programming team. Since 2015, our work has centered around providing young people with the resources to realize job or college placement. Through training, internships and introductions to local businesses SEAT is changing lives in our community.
You can be a part of something special and help us “do whatever it takes to ensure that our young people have every chance for success” – Jennifer Lawrence Executive Director.
If you are someone who excels at coordinating efforts, is strong at problem solving, coaching, and has a passion for making tomorrow better with community-based services, please consider joining our team. Below is an overview of the position currently open.
With a work culture of team that provides a unique employee experience, you will receive extensive training, top of the line benefits packages and competitive compensation. Immediate access to time off and 12 company holidays in addition to (2) two holiday shut downs per year SEAT showcases an appreciation for work life balance.
SEAT is looking to fill this position in the next several weeks. If you are interested, please send your resume to Sharon Phillips Corporate Services Administrator at SEAT Center at email@example.com.
SEAT an equal opportunity employer. We observe the CDC guidelines for a safe work environment.
The Career Advancement Coach is a key position that understands the local job market, can utilize a best bets career counseling framework and is effective at bridging the gap between employers and students.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Program Delivery
- Sets the tone for the day, ensure program culture and assists students with barrier removal, pre-emptive problem solving and life skills.
- Provides individual and small group life skills coaching.
- Coordinate and develop, and maintain strong community partnerships to assist students with accessing and advocating resources (emergency food, shelter, clothing etc.)
- Ensure service delivery, using a youth centered, strengths-based approach.
- Responsible for individual or group program calendar related to specific Career Training Tracks and scheduling for students.
- Responsible for implementing new career training tracks as they become available.
- Promote an environment of inclusion, diversity, and a culture of mutual respect, passion, hard work, and appreciation.
- Must be highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate organizational, time management and administrative skills;
- Must demonstrate ethical communication style that expresses a high degree of respect for students and staff;
- Must be a team player, willing to accept and promote organizational and program goals and accept constructive feedback;
- Provide comprehensive academic, vocational, leadership development and job placement support.
- Assist with administrative tasks and reporting that is required by agency and SEAT Center.
- Workforce Preparation
- Facilitate job readiness skill building groups
- Provide individual career counseling based on a best bets model
- Develop individual career plans for students enrolled in programming
- Schedule and coordinate Employer days with Career Advancement Coordinator
- Plan and implement speed mentoring and mock interviewing event
- Teach job search skills
- Implement bridge programming with local colleges
- Assist students in application, financial aid and registration process
- Coach youth, assist in job maintenance and provide follow up support
- Provide job and related placement services – including assisting with transportation to interview and following up
- Outcome Management
- Enter relevant data into data tracking systems to ensure program compliance and monitor outcomes, implement changes based on data to promote student success
- Track placements and provide replacement as necessary for a minimum of one year
- Track benchmarks and provide indicator and plans when a student is underperforming
- Stay current on employment trends and opportunities in the local economy best for our participants
- Maintain employer/employee relations
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated placement track record and experience in engaging employers and trade unions.
- Highly experienced at career counseling methodology using a best bet, stackable credential framework.
- Must have a deep respect for the ideas and intelligence of young adults and a proven track record in working with young adults who have experienced multiple barriers to success.
- Seeking someone who enjoys learning new things in a fast paced environment and is willing to try new ideas while working with a collaborative team approach.
- Must be willing and able to conduct regular home visits
- Valid NYS Driver’s License; regular access/ use of a car.
*Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:00am- 4:30pm with some evenings/weekends required for special events and/or schedules.
For more information or to apply visit Career Advancement Coach - SEAT Center