Installs energy savings measures and home renovation techniques to reduce the energy burden on customers within Saratoga and Schenectady Counties.
- Will operate hand tools and equipment necessary for the installation of energy reduction measures such as installing high density blown cellulose in sidewalls and attics, replacing windows, and installing air-sealing measures for doors/windows.
- Receive work orders, coordinate with the Production Supervisor and proceed to client’s home to perform the prescribed job in a manner that is thorough, courteous, expeditious, and safe.
- Fulfill the work scope as directed by the Crew Chief and/or Production Supervisor including, but not limited to, work on ladders, basements, attics, outside and confining spaces.
- Responsible for knowledge of and incorporating newly provided Weatherization techniques, such as the Minneapolis blower door, digital manometer, combustion appliance zone (CAZ) testing, pressure diagnostics, etc.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain and properly care for all tools and equipment.
- Maintain accurate documentation of work performed on each unit, including materials used and problems encountered. Count inventory monthly.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years “on-the-job” building construction and/or carpentry experience.
- Experience installing and retro-fitting windows and doors is a plus.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and solve problems based on appropriate math skills and carpentry experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pound tools and equipment. Able to crawl under, in, and through tight and/or dirty spaces. Pull or reach with arms and/or hands, crouch, bend or kneel, climb stairs or ladders. Ability to work from heights no greater than 25 feet.
- Tolerant of exposure to all weather conditions (heat, cold, snow and rain); for periods up to 8 hours.
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a team member, good interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications a plus. Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms helpful.
- A clean, valid New York State driver’s license.
Schedule: Position works Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Compensation: Position offers a starting rate of $17.00 per hour with excellent benefits.
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
401(k) Plan with a 10% match
Employer Paid Life Insurance
Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
Paid Personal Time
Paid Sick Time
Employee Assistance Plan
13 paid holidays off during the year
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.