SUMMARY: Coordinates the work efforts for all event set-ups and customer needs prior to and during events at the MVP Arena.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides day-to-day management of the department to meet the needs of the venue and client(s) including supervising the changeover operations employees.
- Interview, hire and train new part-time operations department employees.
- Responsible for the scheduling of work assignments for employees.
- Operate and distribute tools and supplies as required in connection with changeover and project use.
- Supervise repair and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Perform general physical labor and hands on supervision, training and re-training where needed.
- Assist with specialized areas, i.e., electrical, HVAC, show personnel and union personnel.
- Ensure employees are adhering to safety practices and following company/department procedures.
- Distribute department/company policy information and ensure compliance within the changeover operations department.
- All other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises changeover/operations crew as well as all lead people. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees in conjunction with HR.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
A minimum of three years general labor experience. Good communication skills. Knowledge of mechanical functions. Previous facility experience helpful. High school diploma/GED preferred. Heavy lifting and physical labor may be required. Primarily nighttime and irregular hours. Must have access to reliable transportation.
Please submit resumes/applications online only:
Recruiter: Christine Hayes
MVP Arena 51 S. Pearl Street Albany, NY 12207
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.