CHILD AND FAMILY HEALTH ADVOCATE
This position is responsible for coordinating and advocating health services (Medical, Dental, and Child Safety) for participating children and families enrolled in Head Start/Early Head Start. This position plays an important part in supporting the health and safety goals of the program.
- Promotes preventative health services and inform families of community services and resources.
- Ensures families have health insurance coverage and an ongoing source of continuous, accessible medical and dental care. Assists parents to ensure participation in well-child checks.
- Conducts nutrition assessments with parents and provides follow up as necessary.
- Provides transportation services or arrange transportation through other options to enrolled children and families for appointments related to health and dental.
- Makes periodic home visits to pregnant mothers and newborns to ensure the well-being of both the mother and the child per performance standards.
- Maintains accurate and up to date records on children and families for meeting program objectives.
REQUIREMENTS – please send a cover letter along with a resume
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years’ experience in a health related field preferred or 2 years in support/service role serving parents and families.
- Required to be MAT (Medication Administration Training) trained and certified to pass medications as needed.
- Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain basic First Aid and CPR certification.
- Experience or knowledge of family strengths/family centered practices preferred.
- Knowledge of health and wellness principles.
- Experience in a medical office setting is helpful.
- Comfortable in a daycare setting to provide back-up to classroom staff when needed.
- Excellent communication, organization and computer skills.
- Must possess a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
BENEFITS PACKAGE - Position starts at $11.80 per hour/ 40 hours per week
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Advocacy, Crisis Intervention, Immigration Services, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry and a Soup Kitchen.
For more information or to apply visit www.saratogaeoc.org