Clinical Process Specialist
Do you have experience using Electronic Health Records? If so, and you want to take a deeper dive into its capabilities so as to assist those using it daily in a clinical setting, this is the role for you!
The Clinical Process Specialist at Whitney Young Health (WYH) is assisting the Manager of Clinical Informatics with the facilitation of the development, education, implementation and evaluation of clinical information process(es). In collaboration with Information Services, Interdisciplinary Departments, Nursing, Physicians. They provide support for the identification, design, implementation and evaluation of clinical information process(es). The Clinical Process Specialist reports to the Manager of Clinical Informatics.
- Provide support to the Manager of Clinical Informatics, in the design, testing, education, implementation and evaluation of clinical information systems.
- Assist with the identification and coordination of clinical users for communication, expectation management and input during system development, education, implementation and evaluation.
- Assist in identification of clinical information and data requirements across the organization and support the development of a clinical information system to meet those requirements.
- Works with members across disciplines to identify system(s) impact on workflow processes, redesign of current workflow, assist with developing a plan to implement the changes, and assist with the education to staff of such changes.
- Assist with the facilitating the development of systems that allow data to be analyzed, benchmarked and evaluated for effective outcomes, streamlined clinical processes and improved quality of care.
- Demonstrate on-going commitment to self-guided learning of clinical informatics, performance improvement and clinical operations.
- Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer service.
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
- Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, i.e. JCAHO, OASAS, NYSHD.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and the Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Services.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Five (5) plus years of Healthcare and electronic medical records experience
- Willingness to learn more depth knowledge of the electronic health record.
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work with others to accomplish goals and solve problems
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment
- Excellent ability to collaborate across departments and disciplines
- License or Certification in healthcare field
- Knowledge of Athena
- Demonstrated ability to organize and present thoughts logically
- A focus on achieving outcomes in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and manage group dynamics
- Skills with variety of computer technology
- Knowledgeable of current information technology
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in managing multiple projects
- Ability to independently coordinate projects from the concept stage to completion
Please be aware that as a facility regulated under Article 28 of the New York State Public Health Law, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment. Whitney Young Health also requires the COVID-19 booster.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.