For more information or to apply, visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4a63a361-7dad-4122-98c5-c5e948f6d913&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=388269&source=CC2&lang=en_US
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Closing Coordinator
Reports to: Closing Department Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: NE12
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Closing Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to notify parties of any missing documents, insurance or other issues that must be dealt with before the closing can be finalized. The closing coordinator is also responsible for scheduling the mortgage loan closing with all parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Thoroughly reviews files, draws up closing documents and works with an attorney for review.
- Performs all steps of the mortgage closing process, ensuring that final closing conditions are met.
- Ensures mortgage files comply with all federal and state regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Verifies title status for residential properties.
- Assists internal and external customers with the mortgage process.
- Performs physical closing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office Programs; Excel and Word.
- An Associate’s degree or higher.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Office hours Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm and some Saturdays. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel using personal vehicle, occasional overnight travel. Valid driver’s license required.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and phone.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
- Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
- Treatment during employment
- Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
- Selection for training, including apprenticeship
- Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.