New York eHealth Collaborative Cloud DevOps Engineer
New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network connecting healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation through a digital health revolution do you want to be at the epicenter of it?
Employees must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeCs policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief).
CLICK TO APPLY:
NYeC is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer with more than 2 years experience in building and operating cloud-based infrastructure and cloud-based platform as a service application. Candidate must have experience managing cloud security (firewalls, NSG, IDS/IPS), VPN, IaaS & PaaS services. Additional experience with VMware, Microsoft Azure AD, Azure DevOps Azure compliance manager is desired. This position reports to the Sr. Storage and Virtualization Engineer and can shape the network infrastructure and be part of a talented technology team working in a mission driven organization.
This role will be operated out of our Manhattan or Albany office. This role has a hybrid work schedule – at this time the schedule is 1 day per week required to be operated out of the Manhattan or Albany office location and the remainder days of the week eligible to work remotely. This schedule is subject to change.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs, implements, and maintains the overall Azure cloud environment, adhering to network policy and business requirements.
- Collaborates with IT leadership and cyber security teams ensuring appropriate controls are integrated into all solutions to meet policy standards and industry best practices.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves technical issues. Proactively monitors network activity and utilization to discover and prevent systematic and or performance issues.
- Recommends network design changes and enhancements for continuous optimization for systems availability and performance.
- Writes Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Industry standard tools and services.
- Provides systems support including responding to monitoring alerts.
- Creates and maintains network diagrams, processes, and procedures in support of deployed and future state solutions, documenting production, stage, and development environments.
- Works with vendors and outsourced solutions, consultants as needed.
- Identifies and triages networking issues and escalates as needed to external network device support vendor.
- Participates in L2-L3 support for any reported business critical issues after hours.
- Works closely with other infrastructure team members to provide adequate back up and constraining as needed.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a local network or cloud engineering environment.
- 2+ years managing an Azure cloud landscape that includes a mix of IaaS and PaaS.
- Experience with industry standard network monitoring, management, and packet analysis tools for network/application performance tuning/troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Healthcare system integration, including HL7, FHIR and EDI interface a plus.
- Ability to work within a security framework such as NIST, HiTrust, ISO desired.
- Capable of interacting internally with team, and externally with vendors, in a professional and collaborative way.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adaptable to change and adhering to policy and procedure; change control, ticketing system, team communication.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good working knowledge of PowerShell scripting.
- Azure DevOps AZ-400
- Experience in deploying and maintaining API Gateways
- Certification in Azure cloud, DevOps, or related technology
- Experience working with cloud-native big data platforms such as Azure data lake as a service
- Experience working with cloud-native programming, analytics, and modeling tools such as Databricks, Jupiter
- Healthcare system integration, including HL7 and EDI interface.
- Azure Security Engineer AZ-500
NYeC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with everything listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at www.nyehealth.org. We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.