Community Services Assistant
COMMUNITY SERVICES ASSISTANT
The Community Services Assistant serves an important role in opening the door for low-income individuals and families to access the multiple support services available provided at Saratoga County EOC and at partner agencies. As the primary staff person responsible for the intake and eligibility screening of new and returning participants, the Community Services Assistant conducts a primary assessment of individual and family needs and connects them with staff and programs that can provide support. The Community Services Assistant is also responsible for maintaining up to date participant information in order to facilitate accurate program reports and communication about new services and opportunities. The Community Services Assistant also plays a key support role to department operations and will work with the department team on meeting needs that arise for the food pantry, soup kitchen, mobile food pantry and other family services.
Candidate must be friendly, caring and professional and be able to demonstrate effective crisis management, good judgment, and have excellent communication skills. This position is customer facing and provides many “grassroots” programs, therefore flexibility and a positive, “can-do” attitude are a must, as well as a shared belief in our mission is to support low-income individuals and families work toward self-sufficiency and reach their goals. We are customer/participant focused and seek and applicant who desires to make an impact in the lives of our neighbors in need.
30-hour/week candidate needed to:
- Complete primary intake and assessment for agency customers/participants.
- Responsible for introducing customers to EOC.
- Complete initial intake assessments of customers.
- Provide referrals to all EOC programs and community referrals.
- Responsible for input of all customer intake information into client tracking database program.
- Advocate for customers to secure access to and assistance from appropriate sources.
- Assists with Community Services Department Programs.
- Food Pantry
- Rural Food Delivery Program
- Soup Kitchen
- Summer Lunch
- Thanksgiving Baskets
- Prepare program reports.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate files on customers to assist in application and reporting processes required by funding sources.
- Responsible for submitting timely completion of monthly reports to Community Services Director.
- Become an expert in the agency’s database system in order to be able to run reports for all programming.
- Associates Degree in Human Services or a High School Diploma/GED and 1 years’ experience in human services field.
- Must have knowledge of issues faced by low-income families and individuals and understanding of local healthcare and social service resources.
- Working knowledge of governmental and social services programs required.
- Experience in performing basic social assessments desired.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication and computer skills are required.
- Basic computer skills with Windows applications and word processing skills helpful.
- Must be able to maintain composure in challenging situations.
- Must be able to lift 40lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
Compensation: This position offers a starting rate of $14.50 per hour.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, Mobile Food Pantry and a Soup Kitchen.