Consumer Lending Administrator
Make a smart move to an organization that values your talents, nurtures your skills, and rewards your success.
CAP COM is a more than a workplace, it’s a people place. Employees have voted us a Best Place to Work every year since 2004.*
We are a credit union that provides the same financial solutions as a big bank – with a lot more heart. People bank here for our award-winning service, dedicated professionals (supported with generous benefits), and outreach to those in need in our communities.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Consumer Lending Administrator will develop and implement plans, programs, and projects for all of lending, which specifically includes, consumer lending scorecard maintenance, maintenance and reporting, efficiency projects, staff communication through the use of Lending Road Shows and staff meeting presentations. This role serves as the primary IT liaison regarding all lending systems and special projects as assigned, while ensuring that internal and external service delivery is consistent with the Top 10 Service Attributes of CAP COM Federal Credit Union.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Coordinate special projects that support lending and service initiatives and/or introduce new products and technologies, including testing system changes to guarantee smooth rollout to staff.
- Ensure the ongoing training and development of staff focused on achieving Credit Union goals.
- Analyze the strategic Consumer Lending reports, including Credit Quality, and build strategies to address issues and opportunities presented. Conduct financial analysis of services designed to maximize profits and expand services.
- Advise Senior Management on strategic developments specific to areas of oversight.
- Remain up to date on rate changes, laws, Credit Union policies and procedures, products and services, secondary market policies and procedures, and the latest rates and NCUA regulations.
- Act as primary contact for Credit Union business partners; assisting in special requests, encouraging business growth, and answering questions as needed.
- Maintain updated Contact Management System for all external contacts.
- Model Top 10 Service Attributes and assist in creating innovative solutions to enhance our existing sales and service culture.
- Provide direction for and serve as a liaison to the Marketing Department, Branches, and IT department to provide support to Consumer Lending.
- Conduct competitive loan rate analysis and make recommendations weekly.
- Assist in the recovery and restoration of tasks assigned in a disaster recovery situation, as well as regular disaster recovery testing.
LET’S TALK IF YOU
Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of consumer loan or banking operations experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TO THRIVE IN THIS ROLE AT CAP COM YOU NEED
- Strong verbal and written communication; must be able to make effective group presentations with a focus on training staff regarding technical areas; must provide clear and concise written communications. Ability to remain calm in tense situations.
- to possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook with ability to learn other software as needed.
- Analytical skills – collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to compile and analyze data, designs workflows and procedures as appropriate for department efficiency.
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal skills – works well with diverse groups of people; always treats others with respect and dignity; focuses on solving conflict without hostility; works towards achievement of mutual goals.
- Ethics – works with integrity while maintaining confidentiality of CU records and sensitive information; upholds the values of the organization in the course of work.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail, project planning, and multi-tasking skills.
Our reputation truly precedes us, and we recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource. We encourage an inclusive atmosphere of honesty, fairness and communication that creates a united force of successful professionals. At CAP COM you can bring your authentic self to work every day.
WHAT YOU GET
CAP COM invests in you and your future with development and training, mentoring and recognition programs. We are a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions. We also provide competitive PTO, holidays, bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
At our headquarters there is an on-site gym and fitness classes, an on-site café, healthy meal deliveries and a 130-acre public park just out the back door (there is a reason we have been named a Healthiest Employer by the Albany Business review).
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Nathan Wilson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 ext. 4300
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*Albany Business Review (confidential employee survey)