Consumer Loan Processing Associate
Make a smart move to an organization that values your talents, nurtures your skills, and rewards your success.
CAP COM is a more than a workplace, it’s a people place. Employees have voted us a Best Place to Work every year since 2004.*
We are a credit union that provides the same financial solutions as a big bank – with a lot more heart. People bank here for our award-winning service, dedicated professionals (supported with generous benefits), and outreach to those in need in our communities.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Consumer Loan Processing & Servicing supports members and Credit Union staff. This is accomplished through processing and expediting various consumer loans, while ensuring regulatory compliance and protecting the assets of the Credit Union.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Basic teller transactions
- Process basic information relating to all Lending and Member Service products
- Learn basic information on all Share types including; opening, closing and transfers
- Account reconciliation, and member phone service including complaints, transactions and errors
- Remain current on state and federal regulations (RESPA, FIRREA, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Housing Act, and Reg. B, Reg. C, Truth in Lending Reg. Z, Truth in Savings, Reg. D and Reg. CC)
- Remain current and comply with all CAP COM policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Listen effectively to member needs and recognize opportunity to cross sell Credit Union and/or subsidiary products and services
- A working payroll knowledge
- Print loan documents, attain members signatures, and prepare loan to post & fund to members accounts
- Follow up on pending loan applications
- Answer members’ basic loan questions
- Review loan application information for accuracy and determine what items are remaining to finalize
- Review and communicate final loan information with the member
LET’S TALK IF YOU
- Have a high school diploma and minimum of three (3) years’ experience in loan processing and servicing or similar industry work
TO THRIVE AT CAP COM YOU NEED
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- An acute attention to detail
- To be a self-motivator who has initiative and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good oral, written and auditory communication skills
- General knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other software applications
- Good math skills and ability to solve problems
- Good interpersonal skills
Our reputation truly precedes us, and we recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource. We encourage an inclusive atmosphere of honesty, fairness and communication that creates a united force of successful professionals. At CAP COM you can bring your authentic self to work every day.
WHAT YOU GET
CAP COM invests in you and your future with development and training, mentoring and recognition programs. We are a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions. We also provide competitive PTO, holidays, bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
At our headquarters there is an on-site gym and fitness classes, an on-site café, healthy meal deliveries and a 130-acre public park just out the back door (there is a reason we have been named a Healthiest Employer by the Albany Business review).
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Nathan Wilson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 ext. 4300
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*Albany Business Review (confidential employee survey)