Primary Role: The Database Administrator (DBA) at Latham is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of the company’s information systems’ databases. The DBA provides technical expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of database management systems that support business applications. Additional responsibilities include reporting, data input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support.
1. Designs and documents database architecture.
2. Sets and maintains database standards.
3. Installs, upgrades, and manages database applications.
4. Diagnoses and troubleshoots database errors.
5. Builds database schemas, tables, procedures, and permissions.
6. Monitors systems and platforms for availability.
7. Oversees backups and replications.
8. Performs maintenance operations on MySQL, Oracle, DB2, and MS SQL Server.
9. Evaluates and recommends new database technologies.
10. Implements and maintains database security.
11. Develops, manages and tests database and information system backup and recovery plans.
12. Supervises modifications to any existing database software to meet the needs of the business.
13. Prepares written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
14. Other related duties, as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related STEM profession from accredited 4-year institution required. Master’s degree preferred.
2. 2+ years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
3. Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, DB2)
4. Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
5. Experience working in a cross functional team of developers, business analysts, quality assurance engineers, etc.
6. Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
7. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience from end users to executives
8. Knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling
9. PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
10. Impeccable attention to detail
11. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
12. Prior working experience in manufacturing or engineering sector preferred
13. Requires up to 20% travel with overnights
For more information or to apply, visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=a11f7aca-70e1-4d3d-b42a-83540362d6fa&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings