Dealer Success Manager
Dealer Success Manager
Primary Role: The primary responsibility of the Fiberglass Dealer Success Manager (DSM) role is the successful onboarding of new Latham Fiberglass (FG) Pool Dealers and growth of existing FG Dealer’s purchase volumes in the assigned territory. The role is accountable for ensuring year-over-year growth of 2x for a minimum of three years after becoming a Latham FG dealer. The DSM continuously works to improve Latham’s market (share) position through the implementation of organizational strategic goals, building strong customer relationships, assuring successful adoption of all Sales & Marketing programs and delivering unparalleled support to Latham FG Dealers.
The Dealer Success Manager-Fiberglass works under the direction of the National Sales Director-Fiberglass (NSD) to drive FG pool growth and dealer loyalty to the Latham brand, ultimately to meet or exceed the sales and profit targets of the region.
The specific responsibilities of the position are as follows:
1. Implementation of the Fiberglass Division Strategy
a. Implements Latham strategies based on geography, brands and programs
b. Serves customers in a defined geographic area working closely with Sales teammates, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Service while assuring compliance and adherence to company guidelines
c. Growth – executes strategies and plans to ensure 2x year over year growth in fiberglass pool sales at the dealer and region level; reviews dealer growth and support plans regularly with the NSD
d. Logistics initiatives – implements freight structures, partners with Sales and customers to set up stocking yards and seek opportunities for efficiencies that drive margin improvement
e. New Products and Program introductions – “Champions” all new fiberglass brand, product and service additions/deletions/enhancements for implementation and adoption
2. Promotion of all Sales and Marketing Initiatives
a. Promotions and Campaigns – focuses execution to drive participation and results
b. Pricing programs – works with Marketing to recommend and implement pricing at the dealer level
c. Marketing/Branding programs - promotes, implements and drives adoption of Loyalty, Growth and Branding programs
d. Bundling strategies – drives new relationships and enhance existing relationships with bundling programs (i.e. VARS/Automatic pool covers, Latham safety covers)
e. Maintains a deep and thorough knowledge of the marketplace, competition and trends within the specified geographic area; recommends strategies for market share gains
f. Identifies opportunities for promotions, campaigns, products, and new distribution channels that will drive increased revenue and margin; provides regular feedback to the Marketing product manager-FG
g. Assists in specific market research and data gathering initiatives as needed
h. Implements Credit and Inventory programs (i.e. Pay as Sold) – oversee program adherence
i. Oversees the disposition of slow-moving, obsolete and distressed pools (blems)
3. Growth and Development of new and existing dealers
a. Product Training – understands all product features and benefits and possesses the ability to transfer knowledge to key stakeholders
b. Technical Training – possesses a keen knowledge of installation techniques and the ability to transfer knowledge to key stakeholders
c. Sales Training – educates and assists dealers in “How to Sell Fiberglass pools”
4. Deployment of Training, Education and Development
a. Conducts formalized New Dealer training sessions (Boot Camps)
b. Coordinates all New Dealer “First-Time” installations
c. Serves as point person for technical questions that arise from the dealers and other LPP staff
d. Assists in the development of training and educational programs and materials
5. In conjunction with the National Sales Director, reviews sales performance regularly to determine successes, gaps, opportunities and risks. Develops plans to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risks and is accountable to the execution of such plans. Develops sales forecasts as part of Sales Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP)
6. Establishes a Trusted Advisor role with the customer in overall business guidance
7. Works closely with Warranty Department to resolve issues
8. Serves as a subject matter expert for FG pool legal issues involving consumers and dealers
9. Assists in the management and collection of Accounts Receivables
10. Supports and drives continuous improvement initiatives within the Latham FG business
11. Participates in company and industry events, including trade shows
12. Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing and a minimum of 3+ years of successful sales and/or marketing experience preferred; Associate’s degree or equivalent may be substituted with commensurate experience.
· A proven track record of effective Business Development, Networking, Public Speaking, Research, Territory Management, Training and Motivation Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, Reading and Writing Sales Plans and Financial Reports.
· Strong technical acumen/experience required.
· Exceptional communication and presentation/training skills.
· Travel Requirements: Approximately 70% of the time with overnights; previous overnight travel experience (50% minimum) a plus.
· Competent in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Mobile applications and online conferencing software.
For more information or to apply, visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=a11f7aca-70e1-4d3d-b42a-83540362d6fa&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings