Accent, the Herman Miller Certified Dealer in the Capital Region of NY, is currently seeking a full-time Designer to join our team.
For more than 40 years, Accent has provided innovative workplace solutions for major corporations, small businesses, government entities, the healthcare community, schools, universities, and more. We’re proud of our outstanding team of veteran industry professionals who have helped us become one of the area’s leading office furniture suppliers.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills; be detail oriented; highly organized; self-motivated; ability to exercise independent judgment, multi-task, plan, set goals, meet deadlines, be accurate and work under pressure.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or related field.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and similar programs.
- CET and CAP 2020 experience is a plus.
- Furniture specification and space planning experience is a plus.
- Participates in client meetings and internal team meetings throughout the life of the project.
- Supports the sales team and customers by producing the drawings, renderings, and specifications used by the salesperson to close the sale and the crew that installs the furniture.
- Space plan in CAD/CET making sure all plans are to code and meet the design intent.
- Recommend and specify products; select finishes.
- Prepares client ready design documentation and organizes deliverables in a clear and presentable manner; gains customer approvals.
- Creates final drawings, specifications, and proposals in drawing and worksheet; plan check specifications against plans; prepare specifications order-entry ready.
- Conducts field measures and punch-list review with project managers when applicable.
- Meets with manufacturers’ representatives and attends online training sessions to stay current on new products.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and conflicting priorities.
- Work efficiently and accurately to meet the demands of our projects and clients.
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible spending account
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com