Tap into the Beer Business!
We are currently looking for a Diesel Mechanic to join our team!
DeCrescente is the premier beverage distributor in the Capital Region, located in Mechanicville, NY. The pace is fast but the rewards of working at DeCrescente are great! If you’re not afraid to work hard, this job may be for you.
The Diesel Mechanic is responsible to repair and maintain all company vehicles as directed, ensuring that routine and necessary maintenance procedures are completed. The Diesel Mechanic is also responsible for troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of company equipment. This position is responsible to test road – tested, repaired equipment in order to verify that it is properly working and adheres to all DOT/OSHA standards prior to the departure from DDC property. The Diesel Mechanic will address all delivery personnel’s post-trip concerns per DOT guidelines as well as comply with all safety and Company policies as well as adhering to Company operational and security policies.
The schedule is Monday – Friday
Salary – up to $30.00 depending on experience
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- High School Diploma or GED plus formal community college, trade or vocational training and/or 2+ years of experience.
- Class B License required, Class A preferred
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure and technical manuals
- Ability to use sound judgement and problem – solving skills to analyze needs and recommend the proper course of action
- Working knowledge of air brakes, air brake systems, and brake adjustments
- Knowledge of diagnostic fleet software
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong organization skills with an emphasis on detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to problem solve with minimal supervision
To learn more about our employment opportunities text #hireme to 888111.