Diesel Mechanic Assistant, 22010427
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Pay Range: $18 - $24+/hour Depending on Experience
Shift: Monday-Friday, 2:00pm-10:30pm
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and more!
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our Mechanic’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our Mechanics and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you.
I. Job Summary
Works under direct supervision and follows established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and limited preventive maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment.
Preferred Applicants Will Have:
- 1+ year of Heavy-Duty Truck Experience, or
- A mixture of 1+ year combined Heavy-Duty Truck Experience and/or Diesel Schooling, or
- 1-2 years of Automotive Experience, or
- A mixture of 1-2 years of Automotive Experience and/or Diesel or Automotive Schooling
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
- Washes vehicles and equipment.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Assists with service calls for breakdowns.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click on the link below and "Apply.”
Diesel Mechanic Assistant - WM Careers