New York eHealth Collaborative: Director, IT Operations
New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network connecting healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is undergoing an unprecedented transformation through digital health—do you want to be at the center of it in New York State?
Employees must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeC’s policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date, unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief).
Click to Apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=44618&clientkey=857FAA4536B1C20147B058DC992520A1
NYeC is seeking a Director, IT Operations that will be responsible for managing the performance of the Operations Center Analysts, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving internal and external service, incident and problem requests as they relate to maintenance and support of networks, applications and infrastructure of the SHIN-NY. The Manager, IT Operations will be responsible for ensuring that customer expectations are met, ensuring the Operations Center Analysts are exceeding expectations in regard to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements.
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer. This role has a hybrid work schedule. At this time, 1 day (Tuesday) is required in the office per week with the remaining days eligible to be worked remotely. This schedule is subject to change. This position can be operated out of the Albany or Manhattan office.
- Develops documentation and standard operating procedures;
- Implement and maintain reporting, dashboards and analytics necessary to ensure that IT Service Levels are achieved;
- Assist EA in development of advanced roadmaps;
- Responsible for development and institutionalization of all IT business processes;
- Create and manage complex configuration elements including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme, and notification scheme within the IT Service Management system(s);
- Manage projects and various tasks related to new / existing service requests;
- Produce measures and metrics required by internal and external stakeholders to include Department of Health;
- Compile, produce, and assist in documentation and evidence for HITRUST certification and other Information Security needs;
- Analyze root cause of problem and make determination to resolve issue;
- Manage the workflow of submitted tickets and performance metrics while supporting the team in exceeding expectations, including corrective action if necessary;
- Manage outsourced vendors as necessary;
- Applications, Infrastructure and Network Monitoring;
- Problem / incident documentation, management, escalation and notification;
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Within your first month, you will own responsibility for all urgent requests (level 1) while learning the structure of the organization and the Jira governance setup.
- Within your third month, you will be managing the change, problem and incident processes.
- Within your sixth month, you will be supporting strategic changes in the organization.
- Within a year you will have full ownership for driving improvements in all critical IT processes.
Experience and Skills:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field; or equivalent work experience;
- 5-8 years of experience working in a IT Operations environment with demonstrated working knowledge of basic hardware and software products and problem solving/troubleshooting skills;
- Previous supervisory and management experience in an IT environment with ability to motivate team;
- Experience with JIRA desired;
- Knowledge of Windows, MS Office, and Azure fundamentals;
- Healthcare information exchange (HIE) and/or healthcare information technology (HIT) knowledge desired;
- Experience with HIE (InterSystems, NextGen) and EMR platforms is highly desirable;
- Working knowledge of ITIL v.2 & 3;
- Must be detail oriented, have strong people skills, and able to communicate ideas and results effectively in both oral and written form;
- Experience processing department invoices and managing budgets preferred;
- Must have strong project management skills;
- Must demonstrate superior customer service and team skills;
- Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
NYeC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with everything listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at www.nyehealth.org. We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.