Director of Community Engagement
LifeWorks Community Action is seeking a dynamic, community-minded creative and communicator for the role of Director of Community Engagement. This position is responsible for the production and strategic development of communications and fundraising efforts that support our programs and services for low-income neighbors in the Northern Capital Region. The Director of Community Engagement is a key member of the executive team and serves a critical role in supporting the mission of the organization, as well as maximizing the impact of services and programming in the community. The Director of Community Engagement must be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and deadlines, have strong written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to produce basic collateral such as brochures, ads, and digital media that adhere to LifeWorks’ brand standards.
LifeWorks Community Action is a community of neighbors helping neighbors build bright and stable futures. We have a strong network of programs to help our neighbors address their immediate needs and overcome the challenges of poverty.
LifeWorks is one of only 50 designated Community Action Agencies in New York and one in a network of 1,100 nationally. We stand at the intersection of the economic equity and social justice movements and recognize that race, gender and other inequities remain barriers that must be addressed. As a community and as a nation, we must ensure that no one is forced to endure the hardships of poverty.
LifeWorks believes that by working together, we can alleviate the symptoms of resource insufficiency and break the cycle of systemic disadvantage. Our team of dedicated staff and volunteers take a whole person and whole family approach to service coordination. This comprehensive approach ensures that our neighbors have the skills, tools, resources and opportunities to make meaningful change.
- Develops and leads the LifeWorks’ digital and print communications strategy in conjunction with the Deputy/Executive Director, including free media.
- Creates content for print and digital materials including outreach materials, ads, and event collateral using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop).
- Manages social media accounts and website.
- With the Deputy/Executive Director develops and executes strategic communications and marketing plan that meets diverse organizational goals including: participant recruitment, staff and volunteer recruitment, fundraising and leading public conversation on issues faced by low-income families in our communities.
- Provides marketing coordination and support for all events, programs and initiatives to ensure seamless messaging to all audiences and stakeholders. ·
- Provides training to staff on LifeWorks Brand Standards and reviews and revises internally created content for the consistent application of brand standards.
- Coordinates all public outreach events.
- Responsible for planning, overseeing and implementing all fundraising, donor relations and communications activities.
- With the Executive Director, develops and executes a 5-year philanthropic strategy that is focused on identifying and cultivating new donors, deepening relationships with our current donors, and leveraging our community engagement work to create new donor pathways, and evaluating our event portfolio to ensure that we are achieving meaningful impact. ·
- Oversees all fundraising campaigns (including Partners for Empowerment, May Day, Vision and Thanksgiving). ·
- Manages several events annually including May Day and Vision-a look at life behind the scenes, LifeWorks’ signature fundraisers.
- Coordinate LifeWorks Ambassador volunteers and efforts of volunteer solicitors to communicate our mission and increase donations.
- Advise the Executive Director and Board of Directors Committees on fundraising strategy, planning, and implementation. ·
The successful applicant will have an open and receptive approach to collaboration with multiple stakeholder groups; will be able to demonstrate a history of effective planning and success in meeting goals.
This individual will be expected to think strategically and execute effectively in a collaborative environment where results are critically important.
*EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS**
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop.
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Familiarity with, and the passion for working with disadvantaged communities is highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years of communications and marketing experience. M.A. considered lieu of two years of professional experience.
- Successful experience in the non-profit sector with management responsibility and accountability in areas such as development, marketing and development planning.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Saratoga County/Capital region philanthropic community is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis on marketing/communications, graphic design or business administration and management.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish a plus since LifeWorks often requires outreach materials in English and Spanish.
To keep all staff and customers safe during this crisis, we are following all recommended health and safety guidelines for offices and programs. A vaccine mandate is in place for all staff.