Director of Early Childhood Education
ABOUT ALBANY COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP:
The Early Childhood Education (ECE) Director is responsible for the ECE department, which includes the Head Start and Early Head Start programs, Universal Pre-K program, and other auxiliary programs. These programs extend throughout Albany County, employing a large staff and engaging a large number of low-income and vulnerable families with young children.
- Plans, organizes, and implements department objectives in coordination with agency strategic and operational objectives, including program and fund development activities.
- Responsible for compliance with all department performance standards and regulations, including the maintenance of all reporting systems and databases necessary to meet the requirement of outside regulators.
- Ensures compliance is strictly followed in all federal, state, local, and private contracts.
- Directs and oversees management functions to ensure quality programming for all customers, including supervision and development of staff in accordance with applicable laws and agency policies.
- Prepares and manages program budgets to control costs, allocate funds, and maintain operations at a level consistent with agency and program guidelines.
- Coordination of a quality childhood education program, encouraging our children, families, and staff to succeed and thrive.
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Human Services, Social Work, Public Administration, or related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred. A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in human services management and supervision experience. Professional expertise of fiscal management and administration plus knowledge of federal and state contracts and compliance. Experience with program development, design, and implementation. Possession of a valid driver license may be required. Experience in working in a Head Start program and/or another early childhood education program serving low-income communities is a plus.