Director of Energy Services
The Director will lead a top producing non-profit Energy Services program serving Saratoga and Schenectady Counties. The ideal candidate will coordinate funding streams to maximize energy savings, develop employees, meet regulatory requirements and be a contributing member of an anti-poverty management team.
The Director will oversee and direct the operation of the energy services programs including staff, budget development and management, procurement, production scheduling, quality assurance, compliance of all regulatory measures, coordinated work efforts, foster current and future funder relations, and marketing. Will actively work with all LifeWorks Community Action programs to meet the agency mission.
- Identifies and attends energy related training programs to keep abreast of new developments in the field.
- Maintains updated knowledge on weatherization trends, regulations and evaluates the energy services program to assure compliance with regulatory and auditing requirements.
- Attends necessary grant/task force meetings with HCR and other regulatory agencies.
- Acts as liaison with NYS DOS Field Representatives in completing the job certification process.
- Attains and maintains appropriate certifications (Analyst, Envelope, Heating, Manufactured Homes, and Quality Control Inspection). Participates actively in expanding current industry knowledge necessary to keep program compliant with regulatory organizations.
- Participates in the development and management of contracts with the Director of Finance and the Executive Director.
- Monitors the budget in order to make sure the program dollars are spent correctly and efficiently. Schedules, directs, and monitors purchasing and inventory processes.
- Oversees the bidding process with contractors and vendors.
- Conducts owner investment negotiations with landlords.
- Plans, directs and coordinates work with EmPower, leveraged funding, HEAP, Department of Social Services and other energy related programs.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Associates Degree in business, engineering, environmental science or related field preferred with Analyst certification and a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience. OR 4 years of energy conservation, weatherization, renewable energy, construction trade or related fields with ability to attain Analyst certification and 2 years supervisory experience.
- Energy certifications will be required to maintain position: Analyst, Quality Control Inspection, Envelope, Heating and Manufactured Homes.
- QCI certification is a plus or the ability to be QCI certified within six months of employment required.
- Must be organized, able to use audit software, and efficient in task management skills. Must be a self-starter, creative problem-solver with solid computing skills.
- Must have above average organizational and communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and clientele.
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment as well as the ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
Interested candidates please send a resume and cover letter with desired salary.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep all staff and customers safe during the pandemic, we have been and will continue to follow all recommended health and safety guidelines for offices and programs. A vaccine mandate is in place for all staff.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.
Interested candidates please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources for LifeWorks Community action via email@example.com or visit our website and complete an employment application at https://www.lifeworksaction.org/careers and send in via email.