The Arrow Financial Corporation Family of Companies is seeking dynamic, authentic individuals to join our amazing team! Currently, we are looking for a seasoned professional who brings distinctive expertise as well as rich and varied experiences to our role of:
Director of Marketing & Communications
This position may be right for you if you have corporate/publicly-traded company experience in digital growth, brand management, and communications. This opportunity supports a desire to:
- Provide strategic leadership and collaboration
- Demonstrate and encourage innovation to achieve initiatives
- Deliver quality analytics and insights promoting effective data-driven decisions
- Foster community/company relations and support our company culture
ABOUT THE POSITION
Responsible for management of marketing, communications and community engagement and development of strategies to support revenue generation, brand awareness and consideration, reputation management and other enterprise goals. Organizes group, supervises team managers, manages budget, directs annual and multi-year plans. Interacts regularly with Executive Team and leaders of business lines on areas of engagement, prioritization, and progress toward goals. Through marketing analytics and research, provides insights to leadership on brand performance and market opportunities.
- Develop and implement companies’ overall marketing strategy and efforts to enhance Arrow’s family of companies, which includes two banks and one insurance customer-facing brand, and holding company investor and employer brand. Maintain and evolve based on enterprise needs overarching branding strategy, standards and guidelines to consistently and clearly represent each brand individually, while also communicating relationship between them under Arrow.
- Manage marketing planning, budgeting, metrics, and reporting, including meeting with each business line, to support growth and profitability goals. Ability to measure, analyze and demonstrate impact on brand, lead- and revenue-generation. Provide meaningful and regular reporting on Marketing, Communications and Community Engagement KPIS for leadership and board, with goal of sharing progress and further optimizing efforts.
- Direct initiatives that help Company better understand marketplace, brand performance and customer behavior, including external research partnerships and internal data and analytics via Marketing team and in partnership with IT business intelligence.
- Enhance and evolve Company’s owned digital channels (websites, social media, platform marketing) and their connectivity with third-party account-opening platforms to foster healthy digital sales funnel; oversee paid digital advertising and content marketing strategies to drive leads and meaningful traffic.
- Provide strategic communications and PR guidance to Executive Team and oversee timely, accurate and impactful communications planning for change events, both internal and customer-facing. Manage corporate communications, including many investor relations functions and all shareholder communications, in collaboration with Finance, the Corporate Secretary and the CEO.
- Oversee Community Engagement team, including philanthropic contributions, refinement of philanthropic goals and desired areas of impact, events participation and volunteerism metrics in support of Company culture.
- Analyze new marketing trends and ideas for potential integration to support marketing strategic plan.
- Drive collaborative and consultative team environment and continue to build and develop group’s talent and expertise. Manage, coach, and counsel staff to meet department goals and achieve performance standards; encourage continuous improvement for career development.
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, communications or equivalent experience required; advanced degree/certifications preferred
- 10+ years of marketing and communications experience required, preferably in corporate/publicly traded enterprise
- 5+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated senior leadership skills and ability to motivate team toward shared goals
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing and communications strategy, analytics, digital sales funnels and brand management
- Strong understanding of news media and public relations strategy
- Ability to think critically, manage competing priorities, plan, and balance short- and long-term goals
- Strong banking and business acumen a plus
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal; comfortable interacting with customers, community contacts, third party vendors, and colleagues at all levels
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; experience with project management platforms, content management systems preferred
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We offer a pleasant work environment, career development opportunities, competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package. Our Team welcomes candidates who will bring diverse intellectual, gender and ethnic perspectives. This position works out of our headquarters in Glens Falls, New York.
Arrow Financial Corporation is a multi-bank holding company based in Glens Falls, New York, with more than $3 billion in assets. Through its subsidiaries, Arrow provides a broad range of banking and insurance services across northeastern New York. Our subsidiaries include, Glens Falls National Bank and Trust Company, Saratoga National Bank and Trust Company and Upstate Agency, LLC. Arrow is committed to delivering value for its shareholders, its customers and its communities. Its conservative business model and strategy of steady growth have resulted in many recognitions from the nation’s leading publications and bank-rating firms.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard for race, color, religion, national origin or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.