Driver –Food Pantry Assistant– Part Time
Join our team!
Looking for a candidate who wants to give back to their community and assist in bringing healthy and nutritious food options to our soup kitchen and food pantry customers.
Coordinates the safe transport and storage of food donated from donor groups, organizations, farms, food retailers and restaurants. Transports donated food to distribution sites throughout Saratoga County.
Position works is up to 15 hours/week and offers a rate of $14.00/hr and has the potential to increase hours for additional duties.
Schedule is Monday, Thursday and Friday, 8:00am – 11:30am and Tuesday and Wednesday, 8:00am – 9:30am.
Candidate needed to:
- Pick up and distribute donated food and non-food supplies, weigh and record items. Prepare statistical and other reports as needed.
- Stocks the Mobile Pantry for three designated sites within the county.
- Assists with preparation for rural food delivery.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Director of Community Services.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Clean, valid NY State Driver’s License. Will drive a large van.
- Position can be strenuous at times, must be able to continuously lift, cart, transport and move boxes of food and various equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Warehouse or distribution center experience a plus.
- Tolerating the elements - climate may vary from un-air-conditioned kitchen to periodic trips to frozen and refrigerated areas. Transport and loading/unloading of food requires moving food year round in all weather conditions.
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Advocacy, Crisis Intervention, Immigration Services, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, Mobile Pantry and a Soup Kitchen. EOE