Driver for Food Programs (part-time)
Looking for a candidate who wants to give back to their community and assist in bringing healthy and nutritious food options to our soup kitchen and food pantry customers.
Coordinates the safe transport and storage of food donated from donor groups, organizations, farms, food retailers and restaurants. Transports donated food to distribution sites throughout Saratoga County.
Position works is up to 15 hours/week and offers a rate of $15.00/hr and has the potential to increase hours for additional duties.
Schedule is Monday, Thursday and Friday, 8:00am – 1:00pm.
Candidate needed to:
- Pick up and distribute donated food and non-food supplies, weigh and record items. Prepare statistical and other reports as needed.
Assists with preparation for rural food delivery.
Stocks the Mobile Pantry for three designated sites within the county.
Perform other duties as delegated by the Director of Community Services.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Warehouse or distribution center experience a plus.
- Clean, valid NY State Driver’s License. Will drive a large van.
- Position can be strenuous at times, must be able to continuously lift, cart, transport and move boxes of food and various equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Tolerating the elements - climate may vary from un-air-conditioned kitchen to periodic trips to frozen and refrigerated areas. Transport and loading/unloading of food requires moving food year round in all weather conditions.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.