Education and Child Development Services Manager
Join our caring team of educators and help give kids a Head Start!
LifeWorks Community Action is a community of neighbors helping neighbors build bright and stable futures. We have a strong network of programs to help our neighbors address their immediate needs and overcome the challenges of poverty.
LifeWorks has a position available for an experienced education professional to manage the service areas for preschool curriculum and coordinating services for children with special needs for Head Start daycare sites within Saratoga County.
Provide classroom observations, technical assistance and recommendations to managers/center teams relative to inclusion and needed accommodations and modifications to classroom programs.
- Track and monitor classroom teams relative to Early Intervention and Special Education Services documentation, implementation, progress reports and goal/objective review.
Participates in record keeping, data collection in support of PIR, Community Assessment, program outcome evaluation and monthly reports, as required.
This position requires regular travel throughout Saratoga County to make contact with staff, families, and other agencies. Some evening and weekend work may occasionally be required for events such as home visits, family meetings, social or community events, etc.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter along with a resume.
Position offers $22.52/hour working a Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm schedule.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Valid New York State Teachers Certification in a preschool category.
- Three years’ experience in a managerial capacity with proven experience in leadership, recruitment and performance development. Ability to direct, oversee, monitor and evaluate the work of others.
- Considerable knowledge of developing lesson plans and curriculum development for early childhood education as well as special needs plans for children with disabilities.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele. Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment. Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Time, Paid Sick Time
Paid School Breaks
Employer Paid Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Plan
COVID-19 considerations: To keep all staff and customers safe during the pandemic, we have been and will continue to follow all recommended health and safety guidelines for offices and programs. A vaccine mandate is in place for all staff.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment. EOE