This position is a part of the regional management team and is responsible for ensuring quality center based programming as per the Head Start Performance Standards, NYS Daycare Regulations and our program’s policies and procedures. The Regional Center-base Coordinator supports and supervises the Lead Teachers in the assigned region. Will fill in for the classrooms as needed to ensure ratio.
- Supports and supervises the Lead Teachers in the assigned region.
- Coordinates with regional management staff to integrate Early Childhood development and education goals with Family Partnerships, Health, Disability Services and parent education efforts to ensure integrated child and family service delivery and compliance with regulations.
- Regularly observes center-based programming to provide guidance and support, documents observations and provides feedback. Monitors lesson plans and documentation of anecdotal records related to child outcomes measures using on-line database systems.
- Facilitates education meetings and in-house professional development.
- Works closely with the Region Manager to manage staffing and arrange for classroom coverage.
- Works closely with the Child Development/Disabilities Service Area Manager and other Regional Education Coordinator to provide a strong developmentally appropriate program for all children.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring activities related to disability services- arranging for screenings, supporting families through the evaluation process, working closely with teachers and service providers to support integrated programming based on IFSPs or IEPs for your region.
- Will assist in the classroom when needed. May be required to temporarily fill in for Lead Teacher vacancies. Maybe required temporarily assigned Center Director duties.
Position offers $20.79 per hour. Please send letter of interest along with resume.
A BS/BA degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with a minimum of 6 courses in Early Childhood Education is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
New York State Teaching Certification in Birth to Grade 2 or N-6 is required.
Minimum of three years of teaching experience in an early childhood program.
Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a classroom setting.
Must be willing and able to obtain Basic First Aid training and CPR certification within the initial probationary period and maintain that certification.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele. Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment. Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Valid Driver’s License necessary.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep all staff and customers safe during the pandemic, we have been and will continue to follow all recommended health and safety guidelines for offices and programs. A vaccine mandate is in place for all staff.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employee Assistance Plan
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.