Education Coordinator - Head Start Regional Center Base
This position is a part of the regional management team and is responsible for ensuring quality center based programming as per the Head Start Performance Standards, NYS Daycare Regulations and our program’s policies and procedures. The Regional Center-base Coordinator supports and supervises the Lead Teachers in the assigned region. Will fill in for the classrooms as needed to ensure ratio.
- Supports and supervises the Lead Teachers in the assigned region.
- Coordinates with regional management staff to integrate Early Childhood development and education goals with Family Partnerships, Health, Disability Services and parent education efforts to ensure integrated child and family service delivery.
- Observes center-based programming to provide guidance and support, documents observations and provides feedback.
- Works closely with the Regional Home-base Coordinators to provide a strong developmentally appropriate program for all children.
- Participates in record keeping, data collection and the analysis of the data in support of the Head Start Outcomes Process.
- Will assist in the classroom when needed.
Position offers $18.29 per hour. Please send letter of interest along with resume.
- A BS/BA degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with a minimum of 6 courses in Early Childhood Education is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- New York State Teaching Certification in Birth to Grade 2 or N-6 is required.
- Minimum of three years of teaching experience in an early childhood program.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a classroom setting.
- Must be willing and able to obtain Basic First Aid training and CPR certification within the initial probationary period and maintain that certification.
- A reliable vehicle and clean driver's license is required.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.
For more information or to apply visit www.saratogaeoc.org