Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Hourly / Non-exempt
Pay Rate: $21.00/hr
SUMMARY: Work with second full time electrician to develop, operate and maintain all electrical systems. Facility event coverage for all electrical needs. Must have working knowledge of computers and extensive knowledge of building electrical codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with events manager and show management to assure that all show electrical needs are met.
- Perform preventative maintenance related projects to the building’s electrical system.
- Troubleshoot all electrical problems as they occur.
- Monitor all electrical inventory and supplies and work with management on ordering and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Operate and maintain computerized fire alarm and lighting systems.
- Monitor monthly generator test.
- Work with building engineers to ensure proper operation of HVAC systems.
- Pulling, running, and terminating cables.
- Adhere to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes, as well as ASM Global job safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduated of an accredited technical school or one-year hands on field experience with electrical equipment preferred.
- Line voltage experience required.
- Must be familiar with blueprints and local building codes.
- Requires the ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
- This position requires work inside and/or outside of the building as needed by events and is subject to changing climate and adverse weather conditions.
- The worker is subject to noise. Noise levels will vary depending on the job task and events in the building.
- Must have knowledge of safe operation of all tools required to perform necessary job functions. These tools can include, but are not limited to, sharp cutters, reamers, drills, gas cutting torches, benders and equipment such as service carts, scissor lifts and boom lifts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use arms and hands to work; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to access electrical systems. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for inspection of electrical systems and repairs. Be able to work in elevated spaces such as off a lift or on a catwalk.
The candidate will have an opportunity to join local union upon completion of 90-day probationary period. Union membership, fees and dues are required upon successful completion of probationary period payable by employee.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
TO APPLY: Please submit resumes/applications online only: https://asmglobal.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers/job/Albany-NY/Electrician_R10014604
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact Christine Hayes at 518-487-2011.
RECRUITER: Christine Hayes
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.